New Hampshire s Sexual Assault Laws
- For more information, see Domestic Violence in New Hampshire.
- How it Works Briefly tell us about your case Provide your contact information Choose attorneys to contact you.
- Getting Legal Help A conviction for sexual assault can have extremely negative consequences, including a lengthy prison term and sex offender registration.
- Start here to find criminal defense lawyers near you.
Statutes governing New Hampshire's age of consent, associated criminal charges, available defenses, and penalties for conviction. An attorney can help you defend yourself in court and protect your rights. In New Hampshire, a person commits the crime of simple assault, a misdemeanor, website for dating online by causing offensive contact with or injury to another.
New Hampshire Assault Laws
If you are charged with a crime as a result of sexual activity with a person under the age of consent, you should talk to a New Hampshire criminal defense attorney. Crimes of domestic violence are not punished more severely in New Hampshire, but the victim may be able to obtain a restraining order against the defendant. New Hampshire Assault Laws.
People act knowingly when they are aware of the nature of their conduct or the surrounding circumstances. Recklessly Causing Injury In New Hampshire, i'm dating a short a person can also commit the crime of simple assault by recklessly causing bodily injury to another. Second and subsequent convictions for aggravated felonious sexual assault are punished more severely.
- People act recklessly when they are aware of and consciously disregard the risk their conduct poses to others.
- For example, throwing a small rock onto a busy street and hitting and cutting a bicyclist might be considered recklessly causing injury.
- Reckless conduct is always a great departure from how a law-abiding person would act.
- For example, a year-old who engages in consensual fondling with a year-old has not committed a crime in New Hampshire.
- If the victim of the assault is a law enforcement officer, firefighter, or licensed emergency medical care provider acting in the line of duty, there may be additional prison time.
- Domestic Violence Any assault against a family or household member in New Hampshire is considered domestic violence, also called domestic abuse.
Examples of serious bodily injury might include severe internal bleeding and facial scarring. The judge may also place conditions short of formal probation on a defendant who receives a violation. How It Works Briefly tell us about your case Provide your contact information Choose attorneys to contact you. Getting Legal Advice and Counsel A conviction for simple assault can result in time in jail, a fine, chicago phone dating lines and a criminal record. People act purposely when they intend to cause a particular result or engage in a particular course of conduct.
Toggle navigation CriminalDefenseLawyer. Sales Sales Affiliates Library Trade. Lawyer Marketing Lawyer Directory. Serious bodily injury causes severe and permanent or lasting impairment to any part of the body. It does not matter whether the victim consented to or pursued the intimate relationship.
For example, driving a car in an erratic manner that puts a passenger or other drivers at risk of a serious accident might be considered recklessly placing another in danger. For example, intentionally striking another person would be considered simple assault. If you are charged with a crime, a New Hampshire criminal defense attorney will be able to tell you how your case is likely to be treated in court and make the best arguments on your behalf. Any assault against a family or household member in New Hampshire is considered domestic violence, also called domestic abuse. In New Hampshire, dating a 34 year a person can also commit the crime of simple assault by recklessly causing bodily injury to another.